How many members make up the executive of the Association?
The Board of Directors of the WCCA is made up of one director and one director-at-large from each of the three provinces, along with the past president, president, and vice president. A secretary treasurer is employed for support to the Board of Directors. Each director is appointed for a two year term, and it is required that a member hold the position of a director prior to being elected a vice president.
How does membership benefit me?
Membership benefits include but are not limited to:
- An online directory of members and statistics;
- The valuable source of information that each member brings;
- An annual convention;
- A subscription to Network, the Canadian cemetery industry magazine;
- Valuable exchange of technical, turf, operational and developmental methodology;
- Monitoring of provincial legislation relating to our industry.
What committees function under the WCCA?
Active committees include:
- Special committees as they are required.
Who can be a member of these committees?
Active members in good standing may volunteer to sit on a committee.
What are the objectives of the WCCA?
- To represent the interests of all cemeteries and crematoria in the three Western provinces;
- To provide a forum for education and for mutual exchange of ideas for association members;
- To encourage economic use of land;
- To provide product and source delivery to the public;
- To interface as required for our members with appropriate levels of government on association issues.